Friday, October 21, 2011

And Sunday Comes Afterwards

Today is Friday. Tomorrow is Saturday. Yes.

My college Saturday routine has metamorphisized. Freshman year it meant sleeping until noon and hanging out with friends the rest of the day. This didn’t work as well sophomore year as my schedule stacked up, so I slept in and split the friend time with study time. But this year insomnia, which often invades my nights, decided to invade my mornings too. A few weeks ago, I decided to get out of bed at 7:30 after trying to go back to sleep for an hour. It was awesome. I went for a run, stopped at my friend’s apartment, showered, studied, and wrote a paper. All before noon.

As I was running through one of the neighborhoods near campus, everything was so quiet and peaceful that I could actually hear myself think. I realized that Saturday mornings might be college’s best kept secret.

Of course I can’t underestimate the importance of rest. For some people, Saturdays are the only time they can catch up on Zs.

What’s your Saturday morning routine? Do you catch up on sleep or your to-do list?

No comments:

Post a Comment