Saturday, October 15, 2011

Take that, Achilles

In Greek mythology, heels were considered a weakness; in modern times, they are power. Marilyn Monroe once said “Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.”

It’s true. High heels contain superhero powers. Here are four powers at your disposal when you don yours this week. (Bonus: all solve issues our country is facing today. Superhero patriotism!)

SuperStrength

I kind of stole my own thunder for this one with the intro. You know, potential for world domination and all that.

SuperHealing

“What becomes of the brokenhearted? They buy shoes.”--Mimi Pond.

Good for the economy and more sustainable than tissues.

SuperIntelligence

When I wear high heels I have a great vocabulary and I speak in paragraphs. I'm more eloquent. I plan to wear them more often.”—Meg Ryan

This certainly solves a lot of the education issues facing us today. Increase your vocab without picking up a book! Wordsworth would be proud.

SuperMorphing
You put high heels on and you change.”--Manolo Blahnik
 
Maybe Obama should wear them…




Addendum
Here is an article about guys in heels. My personal advice to guys: play up the strength in your biceps and let us handle the heels.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! I love this, especially the last line about Obama. That's a funny mental picture! It's true, though--putting on a pair of heels (the higher the better) can completely change your mood.

    ReplyDelete